Influenza Vaccination Information
At Dalyellup Family Medical Centre we will provide all our patients with the usual flu vaccine clinics. They will however be run a little differently as you can understand with the social distancing requirements. The initial clinics are for those aged 65 and over only. When you book your appointment, you will be given instructions and it is very important that these instructions are adhered too. Go to the back of the building (ambulance bay) at the exact time of the appointment, one person at a time.
At present we only have a limited supply of private fluvax in stock and also of government funded fluvax ONLY for the 65 year old and over.
The remaining vaccines for the other age cohort will hopefully be available mid April.
This year’s Influenza vaccine will, similar to last year, be a quadrivalent vaccine containing two influenza A and 2 influenza B strains.
Eligibility for government funded influenza Vaccine is as follows:
- Pregnant Woman
- All individuals aged 65 years and older
- Individuals aged 6 months or over with medical conditions that place them at risk for complications of influenza, e.g cardiac disease, chronic respiratory conditions, chronic neurological conditions, immunocompromising conditions, diabetes, renal disease haematological disorders and children aged 6 months to 10 years receiving long term aspirin therapy.
- All children aged 6 months to Year 6 at school
If you do not fall into these categories, we can provide you with the flu vaccine at a cost of $20.
The dates of the aged 65 and over flu vaccine clinics are:
- Thursday 16th April 5.30-7.30pm
- Saturday 18th Apil 12.30-3.30pm
- Sunday 17th April 9.30am-12.30pm
- Thursday 23rd April 5.30-7.30pm
- Saturday 25th April 12.30-3.30pm
- Sunday 26th April 9.30am-12.30pm
- Thursday 30th April 5.30pm-7.30pm
- Thursday 7th May 5.30-7.30pm
- Saturday 9th May 12.30-3.30pm
- Sunday 10th May 9.30am-12.30pm
Please call the Practice to make an appointment 9795 6422
If you develop a fever, cough or runny nose prior to your appointment please do not attend your appointment and ring and let to let us know that you are unwell.
If you are immunocompromised we will make you an appointment at another time at the Practice for your ‘flu injection.